Dr. Basma Khan
Dr. Basma Khan
MBBS, DMRT, DMRD, FCPS, MCPS (HPE)
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT OF DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGY
Prof. Dr. Basma Khan is a graduate of King Edward Medical College, Lahore with an accomplished career spread over three decades of clinical experience and two decades of teaching experience in various Tertiary Care Hospitals of Punjab. With special interest in undergraduate & postgraduate teaching, training and research for ultimate patient care, she is serving as an examiner for MCPS, FCPS, MD and Health Professions Education, Member MD Radiology Advisory Committee on Curriculum for UHS and CPSP, Faculty Member of Radiology at CPSP and Member PVMS Committee of Punjab Health Department. Academic pursuits include publications in impact factor journals, attending and facilitating Medical Education Workshops and Conferences and an invitee to many National Radiology Preparatory courses. She has trained a decent number of FCPS, MCPS and MD residents who are now serving across the country & abroad.
Department of Diagnostic Radiology is a stopover for a large number of patients referred from almost every specialty that is known to exist, and from every corner of Punjab as it is in close proximity to Multan Road and Motorway. Services provided play an integral and ever increasing role in the diagnosis, monitoring treatment, sometimes offering management and often predicting outcome of disease in patients who pass through the hospital corridors. The foundation of Department is laid by a dedicated, well trained, energetic and professional team, which is utilizing latest knowledge & technology available round the clock and playing its part with multimodality approach for timely diagnosis of health issues and research projects. Our aim is to ensure quality diagnostic service delivery with care and respect, and to properly train doctors in an environment that favors creativity & diversity. Since Radiology is at cross roads of all specialties, we get to see every type of patient and a variety of health issues, therefore, it becomes imperative to expand our services to stay at the forefront among our contemporaries. Plans for revamping and upgradation are in the pipe line. Once mature, the Department of Diagnostic Radiology at AIMC/JHL will be a state of the art centre, making its parent institute proud and endorsing its commitment towards providing the best possible diagnostic services to the patients.
- The department provides 24/7 coverage in Adult and Pediatric Emergency. In addition, services are provided daily in OPD to Indoor patients coming to the department and Portable X-Rays and USG is done in ICU, HDU, Labor Room, Nursery and Wards. Interventional facilities are also available on all days in the working hours.
- Modalities available include X-Ray (Conventional and Computerized), CT Scan (single slice and MX 16 slice capable of Angiography, MIP, MPR and 3D reformatting with low radiation doses to the patients.), 1.5 T MRI, Ultrasound including Grey Scale (Chest, Abdomen Pelvis and Small Parts) along with Color Doppler ( Central and Peripheral) and Interventional Radiological Procedures ( USG and CT guided).
- The department provides inhouse job to graduates of AIMC and other medical colleges and universities and it is as an affiliate of CPSP and UHS.
- The learning environment is friendly and immense workload provides an adequate material for those pursuing their careers further. Time to time Formative Assessments in the form of Workplace Based Assessments (WBA), DOPS and Mini CEX keep the residents up and about.
- Library and Computer Rooms with Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the Department provides conducive environment for learning & research.
Dr. Tanweer Ahmed
M.B.B.S. , MCPS , FCPS
Dr Naeem Ahmad Khan
M.B.B.S., DMRD, FCPS
Dr Naila Rahim
M.B.B.S. , DMRD
Chief Consultant Radiologist