Dr. Tariq Rashid
Dr. Tariq Rashid
M.B.B.S., FCPS (Dermatology)
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT OF DERMATOLOGY (UNIT I )
Dr. Tariq Rashid is the Professor and Head of Department of Dermatology at Jinnah Hospital, Lahore. He has a vast experience of 25 years in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students of dermatology. Moreover, he is appointed as the examiner and convener of MCPS, FCPS and MD dermatology examinations. Not only this but he has been serving as a respectable member of the CPSP Dermatology faculty for 8 years. He is also serving devotedly as the member of MD Dermatology advisory committee for UHS. He has many noteworthy publications in national and international journals under his name. He has also attended 23 medical education workshops and delivered guest lecturers in many National Dermatology Preparatory courses accredited by NUMS. Additionally, he has trained 30 FCPS and 14 MCPS in dermatology who are now serving across the country as well as abroad. Currently, he is supervising 13 FCPS and 2 MD dermatology trainees. Along with his effective pedagogy techniques and unique expertise, the department of Dermatology is progressing by leaps and bounds leaving no stone unturned towards building a healthy community.
Dermatology department is one of the largest and fully equipped dermatology units of Pakistan. It caters for the needs of a large number of patients suffering from skin, nails, hair and mucous membrane diseases by utilizing modern expertise and technology. The department is recognized for FCPS and MD dermatology training. Moreover, skin OPD is one of the busiest OPDs of the hospital serving more than 70,000 patients annually. Department of Dermatology has 32 bedded indoor including a specially constructed High Dependency Unit (HDU) to manage patients with potentially life-threatening skin diseases. Our main goal is to guarantee quality medical care conveyed with care and regard in an atmosphere that favors innovation and heterogeneity.
- The department provides outpatient, inpatient & emergency services.
- Phototherapy section have Narrow-Band UVB and UVA machines is ray of hope for patients of Vitiligo, Psoriasis & Eczema.
- LASER section have latest Q-Switched Nd:Yag and Electro-Optical Synergy (IPL and Radiofrequency) machines which is a blessing for patients with Hirsutism, Birth marks, tattoos etc.
- Diagnostic procedures such as Microscopy for fungus, mite, skin biopsy as well as advanced therapeutic procedures like micro needling, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy and chemical peeling expand our therapeutic armamentarium.
- Departmental library and Computer room with internet connectivity throughout the department provides conducive environment for learning and research.
Dr. Lamees Mahmood Malik
Dr. Saima Ilyas