Dr. Tayyab Pasha
Dr. Tayyab Pasha
FRCS, FCPS (Cardiac Surgery)
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT OF CARDIAC SURGERY
Dr. Tayyab Pasha is a competent and experienced PMDC Verified Cardiologist. He is the Professor and Head of department of Cardiac Surgery at Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore. Prof. Dr. Tayyab Pasha is one of the best cardiac surgeons in Lahore. He has done FRCS and FCPS (Cardiac Surgery) and practiced his expertise acquiring an experience of 28 years. He is also a member of Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC). Prof. Dr. Tayyab Pasha practices as a Cardiac Surgeon at Jinnah Hospital, Lahore. He is a very proficient doctor who offers a wide range of services such as Rotablation (Proctor for Pakistan), Coronary angiography, Coronary angioplasty and drug eluting (medicated) stent insertion, Echocardiography (ECHO), Heart failure management, Hypertension management, General Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology and Acute Heart Attack. He is a proactive Cardiac Surgeon who is ambitious to raise awareness about medical issues and uses research and writing as a main medium to communicate it.
Jinnah hospital cardiac surgery is prestigious heart care center since May 2007. Patients profit by our top notch greatness in patient consideration, training, examination and research. We give best heart treatments such as interventional cardiology, minimally invasive surgery, artificial valves and double, triple even quadruple bypass surgery. Our highly qualified faculty has nearly observed and experienced all that can occur to human heart and vascular framework. Our doctors are always ready for any crisis management. Our specialists have enormous expertise in each sort of cardio thoracic medical procedure.
Recently, we have employed a counseling Pharmacist for the avoidance of Ischemic coronary illness from the perspective of primary, secondary and tertiary prevention. This is the principal program of its sort here in Pakistan. We distinguish all the risk factors in our IHD patients and these patients and their families are guided likewise. They are advised about pre and post medical procedure conditions. Before the medical procedure, they are directed about the expected apprehension they may endure in pre op.Post surgery procedure, their medication consistency is checked. They are allowed to examine any unfavorable impact they fear or endure. Diabetics and hypertensive patients are guided likewise. Our patients after detour medical procedure are sent home with all the AHA (American heart relationship) to get with the guidelines. For this reason, we have arranged information booklets for patients which explain all the parts of patient consideration. We have arranged precautionary booklets about the risk components of heart diseases, for example, elevated cholesterol, hypertension and smoking.
- The diagnostic services of the department include:
- Holter monitoring
- Transthorasic Echo cardiography
- Transesophageal Echo cardiography
- We are operating 4 to 5 days in a week and all types of procedures on emergency and elective bases. We have expertise in following fields:
- Valve repair and replacement
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Aortic dissection and aneurysm
- We are performing CABG by on pump and off pump technique.
- Most grafts used are LIMA, RIMA, Radial artery or SVG. We preferably use one or more radial artery as they have better patency over the period of time.
- We are using STS database which is the largest database in the world. According to this database, our results are quite satisfactory. Our operative mortality is less than 1%.Our department has its own transesophageal echocardiography which is pre requirement for OPCAB and valve repair or replacement surgeries.
- Our center is renowned in field of valve repair procedures.
- We are using all types of valve replacement strategies when valve replacement is needed & recently we have introduced the concept of home monitoring of INR for valve heart disease patients with Coagolometer. For congenital heart surgery we are doing all types of congenital heart procedures above 10 Kg of body weight with excellent results.
- Our center is known for surgery of great vessels .We are doing ascending arch Aortic aneurysm along with Aortic Dissection . Our results are compared to international standards in this regards.
Dr. Rafaqat Ahmad Badar
M.B.B.S., F.C.P.S (CS)
Assistant Professor Cardiac Surgery