Dr. Kashif Iqbal Malik
Dr. Kashif Iqbal Malik
M.B.B.S., MCPS, FCPS, FRCS (UK)
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY ( ENT UNIT II)
Dr. Kashif Iqbal Malik did his M.B.B.S. from Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore in 1989. He did his MCPS and FCPS in ENT from College of Physicians and Surgeons, Pakistan and FRCS from Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland. He was selected by Punjab Public Service Commission as Assistant Professor of ENT in 2000. He served at various teaching institutions such as Allama Iqbal Medical College affiliated with Jinnah Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan and King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center, Riyadh, KSA. He was promoted to the rank of professor in 2013. He is currently working as the Head of Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery Unit-II at Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore. During his memorable career, he taught large number of undergraduate and postgraduate students. He is a teacher, supervisor and examiner of M.B.B.S, DLO, MCPS, MS, and FCPS. He has been an active member of Pakistan Society of Otorhinolaryngology since 2000. He has participated in national as well as international conferences and courses on ENT during his career. He is also the President of Badminton Club at Allama Iqbal Medical College. He has an abiding vision to raise the standards of education and health services at Allama Iqbal Medical College and Jinnah Hospital, Lahore as the noteworthy departments of remarkable medical teaching and treatment.
The department of Otorhinolaryngology (ENT Unit II) at Jinnah Hospital, Lahore is a 24-bed department striving to provide maximum health care facilities in the field of otorhinolaryngology. The mission of the department is to provide latest surgical treatments to the patients and to teach innovative techniques to the students. The department of Otorhinolaryngology (ENT Unit II) specializes in providing state of the art medical expertise in diagnosing, evaluating and managing a wide range of diseases of the head and neck, including the ear, nose and throat regions. The faculties has a wide range of expertise and interests across the field but are united by a commitment to improve patient care through research. . Keeping our slogan ‘Patient Care is the Real Wealth’ in mind, we treat our patients with dignity and empathy. Under the vigorous administration of Professor Dr. Kashif Iqbal Malik, this department has become a state of the art facility in head and neck cancer surgery where free of cost quality medical care is being provided to patients across the country. Imagine, believe and achieve are the foundation goals of the department for patient management and care.
- The infrastructure of ENT department includes outpatient examination rooms, emergency/minor OT, male and female wards consisting of 24 beds, central ICU and a dedicated major operation theatre.
- Emergency room is adequately equipped to deal with emergencies for resuscitation and minor procedures. 24 hours emergency duty doctor is available in emergency supervised by respective specialist.
- The OPD has a daily number of 300 patients. There are 3 OT days with each list comprising of 8-10 patients. Department provides most of the surgical facilities like mastoid surgery, head and neck surgery, skull base surgery along with routine surgery on nose, throat and larynx.
- The department has keen interest in Head & Neck and Thyroid Surgery. The College of Physicians and Surgeons recognize the department of ENT, Jinnah Hospital Lahore for FCPS and MD training.
- Currently, 16 residents are under training in our prestigious department. A meticulous record of their teaching is maintained both at departmental and institutional levels. In addition to this, there is a main library, which contains numerous latest books on all aspects of the fields.
- 24 hours internet service is available in the department for accessing several online free of cost journal services around the world.
- Our department also offers 3 months rotation for house job. Our department is leading in the race to bring state of the art, innovative and advanced technology to the community.
Dr. Muhammad Irshad Malik
M.B.B.S., MCPS, FCPS
Dr. Bakht Aziz
M.B.B.S., BSc, FCPS, CMT
Dr. Muhammad Atiq U Rehman