Dr. Saleem Jafri
Dr. Saleem Jafri
M.B.B.S. (KEMU), MS (Urology)
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT OF UROLOGY
Dr. Saleem Jafri is the Professor and Head of the Urology Department at Allama Iqbal Medical Collage Lahore. He started his teaching career in Urology earlier and trained many doctors and students since then. He is qualified medical educationist and the supervisor of FCPS and MS Programs. He has been performing his duties as Professor of Urology at Allama Iqbal Medical College with enthusiasm and ambition to establish and maintain international standards of medical education. During his professional career, he has attended various clinical workshops and presented papers at various prestigious forums. He has a long-term vision and ambition to improvise the standards of education and establish one of the best departments of medical teaching.
The Department of Urology is the part of a distinguished faculty of Allama Iqbal Medical College. The department of Urology is providing 45-bedded indoor facility and dedicated outdoors and 24 hours emergency management facility. In recognition of wide scope of urology, the urology department of Jinnah Hospital, Lahore is dealing with following sub specialty areas:
- Renal Transplant
- Calculi (Ureteric, renal, bladder)
- Male infertility
- Female Urology
- Urological Oncology
- Neuro Urology
The department has standard means and human capacities that would help out accomplishing its tasks. A wide range of methods such as lectures, small group discussions and interactive sessions are used for teaching. The Department of Urology is proud of its stature in the faculty of Allama Iqbal Medical Collage.
- The department is recognized for undergraduate training program by University of Health sciences, Lahore and CPSP, Pakistan academic and research activities for PGRs and House Officers and students are conducted regularly.
- The urology department is providing following facilities around the clock:
- 24/7 emergency urology care in surgical and medical emergency
- 24/7 on call surgical assistant in Gyane operation theater
- Daily lithotripsy services at ESWL Clinic
- 6 days OPD services