Dr. Muhammad Zakir Sial
Dr. Muhammad Zakir Sial
MBBS (K.E.), FCPS (General Surgery)
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT OF SURGERY (UNIT III)
Dr. Muhammad Zakir Sial is a graduate from King Edward Medical College Lahore. He is a fellow of College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan (CPSP) in surgery. He has 14 years of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching experience in General Surgery. He is an examiner and supervisor for F.C.P.S. (C.P.S.P.), M.S. (U.H.S.) for the last 12 years. He has attended 15 educational workshops. He has special interest in Laparoscopic and Oncological Surgery of Breast Cancer and Colorectal Carcinoma. He has outstanding clinical abilities as a surgeon and a strong track record of leadership. He has competency of navigating the interaction of the educational and research activities. He has excellent verbal, written and group presentation skills. He has strong personal and professional commitment to Jinnah Hospital, Lahore. He also maintained a diverse and inclusive workforce and demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals having diverse backgrounds and groups. He has excellent credentials as an academic scholar, educator and executive. He has experience with innovative educational methodologies and health care delivery systems.
Surgical Unit III is one of the four surgical units situated on the first floor of Jinnah Hospital, Lahore. It is one of the largest and fully equipped surgical units of Pakistan. It caters for the needs of a large number of patients suffering from general surgical conditions, utilizing authentic knowledge and latest technology. The department is recognized for FCPS and MS General Surgery training. Surgical OPD is one of the busiest OPDs of Jinnah Hospital, Lahore. Our aim is to achieve excellence and ensure the quality of patient care by maintaining the standards in surgery, critical care and medicine. We are also committed to lead in standards of practice, education and research by an organized and structured training program for undergraduates and postgraduate students at Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore.
- Daily rounds are conducted by consultants. Ward week team comprising of post-graduate residents and house officers stays in ward 24/7 with daily evening consultant rounds.
- Day case surgeries done at Surgical Unit III include:
- Lipoma excision
- Sebcaceous cyst excision
- Biopsies including trucut, lymph node
- Ingrown nail removal
- Band ligation for haemorrhoids
- Elective cases include :
- Routine General Surgical Cases: hernia repairs including inguinal and paraumbilical, perianal surgery
- Oncological: breast cancer, thyroid cancer
- Laparoscopic: laparoscopic cholecystectomy, laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair, laparoscopic hysterectomy
- First Aid is where surgical patients (road traffic accidents and animal bites etc.) are first encountered, sorted and given first Aid and referred to Minor Operation Theatre (MOT) or referred to surgical emergency.
- Minor Operation Theatre is where wounds washed, debridement done, abscesses drained, minor bleeding secured and minor lacerations stitched.
- At surgical emergency, major road traffic accidents and acute surgical emergencies are managed by multidisciplinary team approach including general surgeons, orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons.
- Routine emergency surgeries include:
- Open appendectomy
- Exploratory laparotomy
- Chest intubation
- Strangulated hernia repairs
Dr. Kamran Ali
Dr. Umar Farooq